Monday, February 11, 2013
Event - The Natural Step Canada's MBA Sustainability Leadership Bootcamp
To train, empower, and create a network of 30 MBA students and recent graduates to help Alberta shift toward a prosperous and sustainable future.
The bootcamp is designed to help participants take their MBA skills to the next level by applying strategy, project management, sales, marketing, negotiation, and facilitation learning to the sustainability field through a week of applied exercises, simulations, and live case studies.
Participants will be able to hone your skills through practical real-life cases and presentations. Coaching will continue for three months following the camp with an expert advisory team who work with clients such as Nike, Pratt & Whitney Canada, The Co-operators Group, David Suzuki Foundation, and Research in Motion (RIM).
The program includes lunch, coffee/tea, and light snacks each day of the Bootcamp session, as well as one evening networking event. Note that travel and accommodation are not included. A small number of bursaries will be available based on need. Please indicate in your application if you would like to be considered for a bursary.
The program includes the following components:
• A one-year license to The Natural Step Canada’s Sustainability 101 e-learning course.
• A dynamic, interactive, and intensive four-day in-person workshop.
• Two follow-up group coaching webinars for participants as they apply workshop learning to their studies or jobs.
Who Should Apply?
• MBA students or recent graduates who are interested in learning more about sustainability and becoming sustainability change agents.
• Early to mid-career professionals who want to develop their skills, gain practical experience communicating sustainability concepts, and become sustainability leaders to effect change in Alberta and throughout Canada.
• $250 (Student or Unemployed)
• $350 (Self-Employed or Non-Profit)
• $550 (Corporate / For-Profit)
1. Please fill out our online application form, which includes questions about your motivation for participating in the program. To ensure a quality learning environment space is limited. Applications will be accepted until Jan. 20.
2. Send your resume to email@example.com. Please include your first and last name in the subject line of your email as well as the title: 'Edmonton MBA Bootcamp'.
* To ensure an intimate and top-quality learning environment, registration will be limited to 30 participants. Applicants will be selected based on merit. Applications will be accepted until the program has been filled.
Past Bootcamp Speakers and Panelists
• Bob Willard, sustainability expert and author of The Sustainability Advantage, The Next Sustainability Wave, and The Sustainability Champion’s Guidebook
• Claude Ouimet, Senior VP and General Manager (Canada and Latin America) of InterfaceFLOR
• Mark Anielski, President and CEO of Anielski Management Inc (AMI), author of The Economics of Happiness: Building Genuine Wealth, and Adjunct Professor at the University of Alberta in the School of Business
• Nicholas Parker, Founding Managing Partner, Cleantech Global Partners. Chairman, Blue Economy Initiative, Cleantech Group LLC, Corporate Knights Media Ltd, and WaterTAP Corp.
For more information and to get involved, please contact emergingleaders(at)naturalstep.ca
For more information and to apply, click here.
The Green Market Oracle's Third Annual School Sustainability Series for 2012
The Green Market Oracle Green School Series 2011
The Green Market Oracle Green School Series 2010
Searchable Environmental Education Resources
Green Memes and Schools
Green School Census
Sierra's 2011 List of Cool Green Schools Points West
The Princeton Review's 2012 Top Green Schools Honor Role
Fiske's Top 10 Colleges for Environmental Education
Top Ten Green Masters Degree Programs
Top Five Green Master Degree Programs
Online Green MBA Programs
US Green MBA Program Directory
World's Best Green MBA Programs
15 Institutions Offering 50 Green Certification Programs
Find Sustainable Education at GreenDegreeDirectory
CareerOneStop’s Environmental Education Finder
On-Line Sustainability Training Opportunities from the SLC
The Sustainability Education Series from Green Education Online
Green Education Online Training
Green Training Modules From Green Education Online