Harvard Heat Week commences on April 12 and runs until April 17. A number of climate justice activists will be present at the April 12th event alongside labor organizers, faith communities, students, alumni, and many others.
Speakers at the kick off event at the First Parish in Cambridge on Sunday April 12th (6:30 to 8:30 PM) will include:
- Bill McKibben (Harvard alumnus, author, activist, and co-founder of 350.org)
- Reverend Lennox Yearwood (founder, Hip-Hop Caucus)
- Jibreel Khazan (original participant in the 1960 Greensboro Woolworth’s Civil Rights lunch counter sit-ins)
- Talia Rothstein (Harvard student, organizer with Divest Harvard)
- Darren Aronofsky (Harvard alumnus, award-winning film director)
- Bob Massie (Harvard alumnus, Founder, Investor Network on Climate Risk)
- Ferrial Adam (former anti-apartheid activist from South Africa)
- Tim Wirth (Harvard alumnus, former Senator from Colorado, Board Member of the UN Foundation)
- Kelsey Wirth (Harvard alumna, Director and Co-founder of Mothers Out Front)
- Ted Hamilton (Harvard student, organizer with Divest Harvard)
- Todd Gitlin (Harvard alumnus, Professor & Chair, Ph.D. Program in Communications, Columbia University)
- Koreti Tiumalu (community organizer from the Pacific Islands)
- Music from Melodeego (Boston-based, bicycle-powered songs for change)
In addition to a teach in and launch event on April 12th a rally is planned for April 13th. There will be a full schedule of events including a sit-in in Massachusetts Hall. Click here for the schedule of activities.
Click here for tickets to the April 12 event. The suggested donation is between $5-$20 per person.