The S4S conference will provide students with opportunities to network with like-minded peers and industry professionals. In addition to advancing their own knowledge, students will also be invited to professionally present and share their game changing solutions or stories of success.
S4S differs from student-led conference as it is a professional styled, multi-disciplinary conference for students. Students will be given an opportunity to improve their communication and presentation skills in a professional and supportive environment. The conference will provide assistance, training and mentoring to presenting students through a series of free online webinars.
Anyone can attend the S4S conference, however only presentations and poster presentations are open to current undergraduate and honours students from any university degree, regionally and internationally. Student presentation and posters must showcase innovative, game changing ideas and solutions or stories of success within their institutions or community, addressing the solution to one or more of our conference streams. Students can present as individuals or in a small team. To present students must submit a short 500 - 1,000 word proposal ( DOCX, 72.69 KB) (opens in new window)Opens in a new window before the 15 June 2015. All submissions will be judged by an independent UWS panel.
- Inspire students to have HOPE for the future and to come up with creative solutions for our greatest challenges - be the change you want to see
- Empower individuals or groups of students to bring about change within their communities and institutions
- Build both capacity and confidence in a professional and supportive environment
- Provide soft skills and training that are desirable to employees - leadership, interpersonal skills and communication skills
- Provide access to like minded peers and industry professionals which could take your idea to the next level
Ms Stephanie Lorenzo, CEO Project Futures
Ms Kelly McJannette, Founder Food Ladder
Ms Christine Milne, Australian Greens Senator
Professor James Arvanitakis, Head of The Academy
To attend click here.