The workshop provides an International forum to:
- Discuss technical and economic issues of the large-scale integration of wind power including the recent advances in transmission technologies (AC and DC)
- Discuss project experiences
- Discuss innovative ideas and present results from ongoing research
- Stimulate interdisciplinary thinking between wind energy and power transmission industries, as well as universities
- Identify subjects requiring more research efforts
- A major goal is to develop a platform for discussion and to share ideas and knowledge regarding the key issues.